Sunday, April 8, 2012

Great Honour

Earlier this year I had the pleasure of quilting one of Debby Kemball's quilts. The quilt is comprised of the blocks she used as samples in her book, Beautiful Botanicals. Debby gave me 'free rein' on the quilting designs. I chose to run a feather design vertically as I know she loves a striped look which also unifies the quilt, creates movement and frames each of her beautiful appliques.


Debby shares a wealth of knowledge in regards to her supplies, techniques and inspiration on her blog.


3 comments:

  1. OMG Colleen, that is gorgeous.... this is Sue, Alice's friend who moved back to NB. I go blog surfing on a regular basis. Spend wayyy to much time at it but it is so inspiring to see what people are doing. have fun at MQX... I am coming for the Hudson Show and the Common Thread Show as well.. Lucky me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Obviously Debbie had high expectations for the quilting of her piece, and I would say you met them, perhaps even exceeded them. What a beautiful quilt you two have created! Will it be exhibited?

    ReplyDelete